The hug and the tear

4:37:00 AM

Suddenly out of nowhere,
it begins to form there.
Suddenly, I feel heavy,
as if the whole world’s weight bears down on me.

That choking feeling I get,
a cloud of emotions all crammed up.
There is no more space left.
yes, it's filled upto the brim of the cup.

Yet it keeps expanding itself,
pressurizing all my boundaries.
Forcing me to open my flood gates,
reminding me of the weight that it carries.

My defenses are crumbling,
my resistance is weakening.
I want to say so much, to express it all,
while proving that I am not weak at all.

Am I happy, am I sad? In either case,
the feeling is the same you see.
But then something happens, all of a sudden,
unexpected, unforeseen, undefeatable by me.

Kind words, small moist doleful eyes,
a look of ‘I am with you no matter what’.
Two arms, pull me into an embrace,
I give up, knowing very well that I have lost.

A moment elapses,
the last of my defenses raise their white flags.
And like summer tempest they come rushing,
easing the tension, freeing up all the clogs.

The choking feeling gets erased, peace overcomes.
Those little drops of pearls,
they did it for me.
TEARS, we call them affectionately.

2 comments

  1. Beautful.. very apt description.. I should know, having gone through the entire range of emotions described quite a few times (and probably more to come) in the last few days here..

    ReplyDelete