Me

12:10:00 AM

I am the son of the sand,
Unburned, sun-burned
I run, searching, questioning, wandering
for things I possess
I am pushed, hassled, jostled, ordered, advised
But my own master I am
I am a friend to all
Yet friendless
I thrive for adventure, for novelties
Which are for me but a mystery
I play and work, both separate,
Not gay yet, but happy surely
I am loathing, proud, arrogant, selfish, angry
Though line 7 I quote carelessly
I don’t know the what, the why, the how, the when, the where
Yet I always have the answer somehow
I want to kill, or atleast try, somehow, sometimes
The idea itself is enticing
On other days,
I just don’t care
I am a self inspired lodestone
Not iron, magnetized temporarily
Lifeless, poisonous
Elixirous, almighty,
Myself, I, me

6 comments

  1. are, kaay ahe he! sahi ahe! fakta ata rhyme kar thodi ajun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't do that... its to cliche... this is my style of poems... thanks to the J man for the inspiration..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent, excellent.. and the free-style verse is so much more impactful.. kavi sanjeev, m already a fan and waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to hear that... its time people start taking me seriously anyway..!! come on!! i mean i am 22 now..!!! grow up..
    and ya.. hya poems kuthun alya mahit nahi.. but they just came.. so i doubt i ll be able to come up with something like this again.. cos i myself get stymied when i read them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...it s almost like a rap song.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. We ll make a song...
    something which goes like...

    I am the son of the sand (yeah, yeah, yeah)
    unburned, sunburned (just groove it, oh ho oh ho oh ho)
    I run searching (yeah do it), question (is it), wandering.. (yeah baby)


    and then this can go on and on... :):):)

    ReplyDelete