My friend

11:13:00 AM

I always wanted an elephant as a pet. I wanted to keep him in my parking, and wanted to give it food to eat, maybe play with it. Go for rides on it. It was my childhood fantasy. Even now, it remains my favorite animal, and bags the place for the animal I love the most, but am scared of the most! :)
Here's an ode to it...


I dream of an elephant,
completely milk white,
which not only looks thin,
but is just as light.

It runs around in my park,
even after it gets dark.
And then admires the moon,
only to realize it's time to sleep soon.

With its big black eyes,
it can tell all my lies.
But it will never scold nor hit,
only will it teach what is right.

When I am feeling sad,
it will sit beside me,
and hug me with its trunk,
so tight that my face opens with a glee.

It is my best friend,
which will to my every need tend.
I just wish someone will
to me this friend lend.

5 comments

  1. Ha ha ha! ekdam masta poem ahe. kids sathi banavtat tashi ahe. But i must say that its hard for me to acceot the concept of a v thin elephant n a light one at that. elephant kasa huge fatso asto na! but a good poem n it brought back memories of 'Dumbo the flying elephant' so thanks!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete