Sweet child of mine...

1:06:00 AM

Yaah! I have heard of you,
Well who hasn’t, actually.
You are the one who just presented the paper on parallel lines,
Ushered in a new era in mathematics, says Geometry.

Your name keeps coming up, just about everywhere I see,
The television, the internet, YouTube, the torrents.
Your photos are in the newspaper (they cut short the sports section! x-( )
It’s like you have trapped the world in your enchantments.

Frankly speaking,
I just don’t care.
Do you really believe that I am jealous?
Are you really that unaware?

From where I look,
You and me, we aren’t that different, you see
after all, you are no superhuman,
you still got to pee.

The coming generations of students will say it all,
while trying to decipher your geometrical game.
Remember how you had cursed Newton,
When Physics had blasted you into the hall of shame?

I can live without your theorem,
So can the people around me, quite easily.
You know, I wouldn’t even mind much,
If it weren’t for that crazy attitude, you silly.

It’s like you have moved to a new world,
you have given us all a sack.
For a man of such stature and wit,
Your memory is certainly a drawback.

Today, it’s your day. Enjoy and bask in the glory,
But pride hath a fall, and I am not being just folklory.
Soon the media will find something new,
and they will turn their back on you.

Alone lost, I can see you just as if it were yesterday,
But it’s a pity you didn’t learn from your earlier crime.
But my dear child, I will be here with open arms,
Just like the last time.

Love,
Dad

1 comments