Phir le aaya

12:50:00 PM

I usually don't like to post someone elses work. But I have to be frank here. This is like a song I haven't heard enough for a long long time.

Thanks to Rekha Bhardwaj for bringing magic back to my life. And yes, as far as music and lyrics go, I can't decide who wins!

I can't talk enough of the emotions it brings out so very well. I am not a fan of repeat playlists, but this one, yes, I can and I do! Love, desire, distance and memories are all handled very well in this! Thank you again!
Inline is a little try to give it an English touch, though it sounds so much better and compact in Urdu!


Phir le aaya  (And here I come again)

Phir le aaya dil, Majboor kya kije
Raas na aaya, Rehna door kya kije
Dil keh raha,Usse maqammal kar bhi aao
Wo jo adhuri si, Baat baaki hai
Wo jo adhuri si, Yaad baaki hai

And so I come back today,
Torn, lost and helpless.
Try as much as I may
I can no longer stay away.
And though I know I am not to meet you
There is so much more I have to say.
Can I come back just this once
To complete what we left halfway?

Karte hain hum, Aaj qabool kya kije
Ho gaye thi jo, Humse bhool kya kije
Dil keh raha, Usse mayassar, Kar bhi aao
Wo jo dabi si, Aas baaki hai
Wo jo dabi si, Aanch baaki hai

I come here today, a changed person
Ready to accept blame for all that was done
I am not here to set it off again
It is not about who lost or who won.
And though I see the fire dowsing
I still cling on to this one
Can I take charge just this once
To try to rekindle the lost passion?

Kismat ko hai ye, Manzoor kya kije ye
Milte rahe hum,Badastoor kya kije
Dil keh raha hai,Usse musalsal, Kar bhi aao,
Wo jo ruki si, Raah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si, Chaah baaki hai

You say that fate had something else in store
That we were never meant to be anything more.
But it kept happening, no matter what we tried
And our hearts kept beating as before.
And though I agree that times have changed
My heart keeps pushing me on
Can I try to do everything for what I adore
To give the perfect ending to our lore?


Music: Pritam
Lyrics: Saeed Qadri

0 comments