Ghosts from your past

2:21:00 PM


In shambles,
Or am I in pain
I see you at a distance
Or am I just trying to see you in vain.
I hear a call, and it is for me.
But I am scared, scared to know the reality.

A loud noise, a clap of thunder
Flashing in front of my eyes,
When will this end, when will it fade away
I shout out towards the skies.

I start running,
Afraid that I am being followed.
I look back and I see a figure
Just one look tells me that I am done for.
There is no escaping this one,
And there is nothing I can do I am sure.

Why, you ask me? Well, it’s my own ghost,
Now what do you do with those?
I have heard and seen many kinds of shit
But this is new and unheard of.
She knows me in and out, and I can’t fool her, I can’t shout
And as she reads my mind, I hear a sorrowed laugh.

I turn back,
Facing myself, weeping, standing alone
And I can’t help but notice, that she is just like me
Just as sad, as lonely and waiting to see
If I can be friends with her
Cause she too lives parallelly.

I approach her, and she backs off
Well that’s new I wonder
For what has she got to be afraid of.
But then I realize, that she is just as afraid of me
As I am of her, and I start to wonder
At what point of time did all of this start.

To be good with yourself
You need to accept yourself, however you are
And once your conscience is clear,
Neither of you will be afraid or lonely.
All you need is honesty and forgiveness
Cause only these are the real pillars of happiness.

It’s hard to rid off your past
Just as it is hard to make your future.
Make friends with yourself, and never feel lonely
Cause no matter where you are
No matter what you do
That ghost from your past, will always be there with you.

0 comments