Food for thought

12:55:00 PM

Pan cakes vs the "Ghaavan/Dhirda"
I made these pancakes the other day for the first time. And my, were they good...!!! I was totally mesmerized by the taste, and also the very little effort it requires to make them. I had seen them in sitcoms like Friends, and wondered how they would taste. And I really loved them. All that a typical family can have against it is that it contains egg. Other than that, its the normal batter stuff we require. Just that calling it a "Pan cake" gives it a hip status.
A dhirda, ghaavan also are equally good. And if had with the right side dishes like chatni etc, they are insurmountable. But suppose you offer a kid an option of dhirda and a pan cake. He is bound to go for the latter one. Its a reality, and we all know it. Why so????
This I have no clue of, but be it whatever, one thing I am sure of is that I ll never have to go empty stomach at any time of the day, if I have an egg, and some self raising flour. I have learnt the secret of filling my stomach the western way...!! Which like all occidental stuff is impressive yet elementary...!!

0 comments