Unforgiving age - Part II

12:05:00 PM

This is the second with the unforgiving age title. Well this is because of another dilemma I faced or may face in the near future.
Till now, when walking up to an elder person, or anyone whom you perceive to be elder to you, you normally address the person as 'uncle' ('kaka'), or aunty ('kaku'). But now the problem is as I get older and older, there comes a point when I have to start calling them, I don't know, like, "Hey", or "bhaaau"and so on. In which I don't give out that I am immature and naive and young, and that still I respect the other guy and give him his proper place. Like maybe how our elder generation now addresses their peers and their elder generation. Like if my dad wants to get, say, an electrician home, or a mechanic then he calls up that guy, or goes to that office and directly addresses him. But if I go, I still call him 'kaka'.
Now the problem is till when can I carry on doing this. That till how long can I call others kaka? Or kaku? When should the transformation from me being a youngster take place?
Really. Getting old is no piece of cake!!

0 comments