Living in the magic world

6:42:00 AM

My ultimate dream. To live the Hogwarts life. I don’t know why. But I just wanted that life. Not all the chaos of Voldemort or other bad guys. Just the normal life. Moving in the streets of London. Having a school which keeps you together. For a whole year. Going home in the holidays. Coming to school in a train. With friends. The whole human race limited to that little number of people. Having daily meals/ feasts with everyone. Having a huge campus, playgrounds, friends rooting for you at a game. Going off on weekends to Hogsmeade. Having a few adventures of my own. They don’t even have to be all that flamboyant as Harry did have. But I wanted to live that.

Everytime I read the book, saw the movie, I yearned to live that life. I could relate so much to it. And maybe on screen they make it look all fancy and out of the world. Maybe it might not be all that short and sweet and nice. But it has a spice to it. I don’t even want the magic part. But I wanted to experience it nonetheless.

And right now, I feel like I did live through it. Actually, I have a lot of thoughts on the same. But then, lets move across them one by one.

I just visited Orlando, Universal Studios. And they have this Harry Potter theme park and ride. And believe me, I lived the whole life in it. Flying on broomsticks (WOW), coming across the whomping willow, the dementors, the Aragogs. The dragons, the school’s castle, the bridge. It was amazing. Actually experiencing it is a different thing all together. And I just loved the feel. It was scary, it was amazing, it was truly out of the world. And I just felt as if one of my wish had come true. If you get a chance, please do visit it. It is an experience you want to live through.
Then I started looking back. Wondering what is my life compared to this one? I think at the moment, I have lived through all that I wanted as a dream. I have lived alone. I have lived with friends. I have had wonderful holidays, vacations. I have experienced some amazing moments, I have had some of the best adventures with my most precious friends. I think it is these moments that we want everytime. I think it is this what we yearn for when we see movies or read books. Cause it is just too perfect. While living, we never realize it due to all the mess around us. Due to all that keeps happening from time to time. We are never able to appreciate the beauty of our life. Flying on broomsticks. Ya, that can’t be done. But going on a wonderful drive to some place awesome. Yes, that can be done. Playing Quidditch. Maybe not. But having the most precious time laughing over a game of football/ badminton/ cricket. Very much possible! And it is what we experience every day. But we tend to ignore the beauty of our life when comparing it with someone else. Think about it! Isn’t life maybe just too perfect or too amazing to let go off? They say the grass on the other side is always greener. True it is. I could never pull off an Alohomora or the likes. But the magic of life isn’t something you get by swishing a wand. It’s much more… Much much more!

4 comments

  1. I second you on living the "Hogwarts" dream..EVERYone who has read the series and seen the movies wishes to experience that life at least for a moment. And we did just that at Orlando. Could not have asked for a better rendition of "Life at Hogwarts". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written... Your description almost had me planning my Thanksgiving break to Orlando... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i used to dream about that too...however i would prefer to be voldi...btw,did voldi get laid ever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Everytime I read the book, saw the movie, I yearned to live that life."

    i echo you.

    Yes,Life is Good!
    but i still want to have a Hogwarts life!
    Its just amazing...mesmerising..cozy !
    thats the feel i get when i read the books.EVen the movies are not required to bring that feel.
    :D

    ReplyDelete