Words

2:23:00 AM

For a while now, I have wondered
what the hell is wrong with me
the stream of thoughts which earlier flowed,
is somehow obstructed, lately

I can hardly think of topics
of matters which matter to me
the fog, the haze, the vacuum, the noise (whatever you call it)
just doesn't allow me to see clearly

I used to be affected by everyday things
the silence, the dreams, a hug, you see.
But if you stand where I am currently
you might start to wonder if this really is me

Have I lost my touch, have I lost my gift
to put thoughts in words, a channel to express me
What is it that I have done (or not done)
to bring this situation upon me.

I think a break might do the trick
giving time to destroy the wall of brick
Or will this just increase the rust?
Taking me further away into the thick?

All along this time now,
I have forced myself to write
I have tried to make something happen
than just lay lazing around in the trite

And I soon realized
I just wrote a poem, well, here's a start
But as I read it, I saw the stark difference in the ideas, the flow and the words
Cause after all, its the brain speaking, and not the tender heart

0 comments