Our actresses

10:39:00 AM

I was and am never a fan of Bollywood, and amnot exactly a great follower either. But something about movies repels me, and I don't quite know what. Maybe its the perofrmances the cast put in. Am not sure. But ya, recently I came across this article describing the actresses as we love them in Bollywood, for their splendid performances. I for one, am never quite a follower of movies and the lot, but this did strike me rich, and hence I had to include this in my list...
In the male dominated film industry, there haven't been but a few actresses who have shown their mettle, and proved why they are at times bigger than the movie they depict... Here's a small list (due to my lack of knowledge as such) about the females who pulled off quite a show...!!!

I would start from:

Hema Malini - In Sholay as Basanti
Dimple Kapadia - In Bobby as Bobby
Rekha - In Khoobsurat as Manju
Madhuri Dixit - In Hum Aapke Hai Kaun as Nisha
Kajol - In Kuch Kuch Hota Hai as Anjali
Priety Zinta - In Kal Ho Na Ho as Naina
Kareena Kapoor - In Jab We Met as Geet
Genelia D'souza - In Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na as Aditi

There may be lots more, some that I won't even be aware of. So do suggest in case you recall some memorable role..!!

1 comments

  1. yes.. Bollywood isnt an actress dominated industry, as in movies arent actress-oriented..
    but some like Shabana Azmi, Nandita Das are sure to give a very good performance..

    and Kareena Kapoor in Chameli also..

    ReplyDelete