Patriotism...

10:51:00 AM

I had this great feeling today. I was in Domino's pizza, waiting for my pizza to be handed over to me. And as is the flavor of the month, the T20 match matches were being shown on the television there...
So ya, the match between England and India was just about to start. And the national anthems were being played. And as soon as ours started, I suddenly saw people stopping all their activities, and standing up in respect. Of course not everyone did, but I felt a great feeling of respect for the ones who did. I at first didn't realize why they were standing, but the moment I realized, I got up too..!!! I had thought that patriotism has been lost on its way till now, but that's not the case as is visible.. Of course, standing up for the anthem doesn't mean you are patriotic, but its atleast respecting your country, and it does add to it if not complete it...
That way, I am also amazed when I go to play on Fergusson College ground in the evening. We meet there to play football, and like every ground in India, its awfully crowded. But around 6:00, Vande Mataram is played. And for those 2 minutes or so, the whole ground, take it form me, the whole ground, maybe comprising of all the 100-200 people there stop everything they are doing, and stand up, keep still at heir places and sing along...
Kudos to the Indians.!! Who says the feeling is dying away..!! Its strong as it was, and will be forever...!!!

2 comments

  1. yeah! there is a new sense of optimism about India, which was lacking 10 years back. Indians are now proud of being Indians more than ever before. Maybe economic liberation. Maybe something else, but will do us as a nation a lot of good :)

    ReplyDelete