A normal life...

4:00:00 PM

Many of my posts revolve around this topic maybe. I am not sure if I have ever laid my hand on this one distinctly though. But basically, it is about the fact as to why people lead such a usual life? Such a programatically designed life, with every facet, every point pre-decided and checked and confirmed maybe twice, thrice. Why can't people be more you know, like for the moment, taking decisions when the time comes?
I always like my life to be like an adventure. And hence, I can't seem to fathom as to how people like to live so securely.
I was traveling by train just last week. From Mumbai to Pune. And this person sitting opposite me, I could see it in his eyes, as to how predictable he was. It was like 12pm when our train departed. He got a water bottle,and a pack of Ruffles lays along with him as he boarded the train. Around 2 o clock, he ordered lunch from he pantry cart. At Lonavala, he got down to get a pack of Chikki. At another stop, he got down to buy Vada Pav. I mean I know its famous and all, but how can one be so so normal? Why can't for one day, maybe, change your routine? Do you have to have lunch? Do you have to buy Chikki at Lonavala? Can't you for one day, be different?
I can't live this way. I got to have a change everyday. I know friends, who have to have food at the exact time everyday without fail. They have to have the cup of milk/tea/coffee at the decided times. How can one be so stuck to a plan?
For me, I think this can never apply. On a given day, maybe I wont have food. On another, maybe I will hog like hell. On a certain day, I might like a train ride. On some other, I may go walking. I might like a cup of tea one day. On some others, I wont even recall a thing about tea.
I am not saying that I am extremely impromptu. But I still will qualify for most decisions taken on the spot. Like maybe deciding what to do when free. And I have a good experience that this keeps me a lot more busy and happy.
Those having a planned life have to have the stuff at the right time and place. If not, then they are in for a lot of trouble. They lose the sight as to what else can be done. They can't learn from experience, they don't know what to do in the absence of the stuff they need at that point, they can't and fear to try out new stuff. And there is no excitement at all. And I can't stand a life without adventure. Maybe I won't exactly be successful this way, but the life I live will certainly have lots more spice. And it ll help me evolve a lot.
Due to this, I can safely say I am very very adaptable. I can go without food for days on end. I can go without a bath, without means of transport, without money as well maybe. If I don't get to sleep, I won't. Some other days, I may sleep the whole day to make it up. In short, I can adjust to the environment.If I have the resources, I ll make the most of them. But in their absence, I won't falter. I can try out new art, sports without fear. Cause anyway, I have nothing to lose. I can spend my time quite well, cause I always have something to do, since I can take up anything anytime, according to availability. And in this respect, I feel I am quite lucky. I am not pointing fingers, or saying this is the right way. But I certainly can't understand how people live their lives that way. At a point, life does get monotonous, but even in that, one has got to find something new. Else its going to be damn difficult to adjust and have fun when times! Try to have more fun... Maybe the way you want. But one thing, don't give in to external pressure. If you live life like you want, then you ll surely get more juice out of the squeeze! So make the most of it at the moment, cause like we know, we don't get a second chance...

3 comments

  1. You might be amazed to know meeting the routine set for yourself can also keep one real busy.
    And I don't think life should get monotonous at any point of time.As soon as it does there is no point beyond that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i somehow felt that i was reading my own blog......

    ReplyDelete