Royally, Enfield Bullet

12:02:00 PM

Few days ago I got the chance to ride 'The Royal Enfield Bullet'. And till now I had only heard about it, but now I have actually experienced the ride. And to be frank, its not even close to what I heard. I mean ya, the bikes good and its got power and the firing is great and all that crap is there, but its not how a ride should be. A ride should be comfortable. It shouldn't be like you are doing it as a punishment. Riding a bullet is good if its for like a day or two. But it will surely be a pain in the neck to like own it and drive it around forever. Its not comfortable, its not refreshing, its complicated to the core with its right side gear and left side break assembly. So you are constantly worrying about handling the bike rather than enjoying the wind through your hair. One thing good about it though is that its awesomely stable. So like you needn't worry much about the balance once you gather a little speed.
But then still, the cons overshadow the pros by large. The bike vibrates like hell, and you feel like your butt is fitted with a motor which keeps the tremors alive all the time. And you really can understand the relief only once you get off it.
My point is I don't quite get the hullabaloo surrounding the bullet. There are many better comfortable cruising bikes available, and they are cheaper and anytime more relaxing than this one. So I wouldn't be the one suggesting a ride on an Enfield Bullet without a devilish idea in my mind.
So bike all you want. But you won't see me in the photo depicting the 'Proud owners of the Royal Enfield Bullet' in some magazine for sure.

0 comments